Nothing But The #SalesTruth – A Book Review of #Sales Truth by Mike Weinberg
I am a huge fan of Mike Weinberg’s previous works New Sales Simplified and Sales Management Simplified, so when I learned that he had another book coming out I eagerly awaited it’s arrival. Mike Weinberg’s new book is entitled #SalesTruth: Debunk the Myths. Apply Powerful Principles. Win More New Sales and boy does it pack a punch! Mike Weinberg has brought clarity and distilled selling’s most critical issues and done it in the most direct an unabashed way imaginable. #SalesTruth slaughters many myths that are all the rage right now and cuts to the quick on what actually works. I found #SalesTruth both refreshing and full of value.
- PART I: The Truth About the “Experts”
- Part II: The Truth About Winning More New Sales
Phony Experts & Fake Teachers
What Actually Works
- Where to place your focus for maximum effectiveness
- How to create opportunities rather than chase them
- How attitude & mindset make a massive difference in business development
- How to manage your calendar to be selfishly productive
- How to target strategic accounts the correct way
- How to craft compelling messages that engage clients
- How to prospect
- How to proactively call prospects
- How to use “The money line”
- How to leverage voice mail and other prospecting channels
- The importance of discovery and the risks of rushing to present
- How to own your sales process and avoid the pitfalls of following the procurement path
- How to win at higher prices despite having an older product or some other such handicap
- The keys to success that are common knowledge but not common practice
#SalesTruth = Sales Value
I usually share the key insights in each of my reviews but there are so many insights in #SalesTruth that I wouldn’t know where to start. There is so much here. I used up two highlighters reading this book. The section on messaging is worth the price of the book alone. The proactive calling script is worth the price of the book alone. The “money line” is worth 100 times the price of the book alone. And there is so much more. I really could not recommend a book any higher. What you’re getting here is straight-up wisdom from an expert seller that both lived the sales life and has witnessed all the pitfalls we typically fall into while working with his clients. You’re straight-talk advice on the potholes to avoid and exactly what to do to execute best-practice. This book is emotionally engaging and eminently practical. Every sales professional should invest in this book and read it 2-3 times a year – because, if followed, it will make a massive difference on your sales success.
You can find #SalesTruth by Mike Weinberg on AMAZON.